In the Shared Living, or Adult Foster Care, Program individuals live with a caregiver who is trained by our staff and paid a stipend to provide daily care. Caregivers may be non-family members, or family members (except legally responsible relatives or spouses). This program is for individuals who need daily help with personal care but want to live in a family setting rather than in a nursing home or other facility. The caregiver provides personal care assistance, companionship, 24-hour supervision, and meals.
• Has MassHealth
• Age 16 or older
• Unable to live alone due to medical, physical, cognitive or mental condition
• Needs daily physical assistance with at least one activity of daily living such as bathing, dressing, toileting, walking, or eating
• Does not require full-time skilled nursing care
• Must be willing to live with their caregiver
• Caregiver cannot be a spouse, a parent of a minor child, or a legally responsible relative (but can be a friend or other family member)
If you believe that you or a loved
one is eligible for this program, or looking for
more information, please call
Boston ElderINFO at 617-292-6211.